Scooter racing

Scooter racing
After parking for the night, we'll still have time for a little racing

Thursday 9 March 2017

Introducing the Texas Tutus

From the time I arrived until New Year's Eve, life was a bit of a blur.  Shopping, cleaning, wrapping, baking, sight seeing and catching up with the sisters left very little free time.  After Christmas however, there was a bit of a lull.  Naturally, nature abhors a vacuum so the only thing to do was fill the time with something creative.  I offered to give Hula lessons.

Hawaiian anything is not a major force down here, although I did find an Aloha Car Wash.  But you can't find a bowl of poi anywhere.  I figured I'd get about 10 people to attend the class.  It was a bit of  shock when about 35 people showed up to the class!  After about week 3, the Texas Crud (an actual disease that you get down here), a cruise and a bunch of other activities, winnowed the group down to about 10 people.

The ladies did spectacularly well!  We named them the Texas Tutus and, by the end of February, they had mastered "Just Hang Loose" and were doing really well on basic Tahitian dance.  I even got them making "grass" skirts out of twine and garbage bags.  Considering they're the only act in town, I can see a big future for them :-)

Aloha Nui, Tutus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment