Scooter racing

Scooter racing
After parking for the night, we'll still have time for a little racing

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Oh, The Places You'll Go! (Dr. Seuss)... Need I Say More

Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own.  And you know what you know.
And YOU are the gal who'll decide where to go.

You'll look up and down streets.  Look 'em over with care.
About some you will say, "I don't choose to go there."
With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet,
you're too smart to go down any not-so-good street.

And you may not find any
you'll want to go down.
In that case, of course,
you'll head straight out of town.

It's opener there
in the wide open air.

Out there things can happen
and frequently do
to people as brainy
and footsy as you.

And when things start to happen,
don't worry.  Don't stew.
Just go right along.
You'll start happening too.

OH!  THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!

6 comments:

  1. HAHaaaa... Dr. Seuss is my man!

    I gave this book to many a graduate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never read it, until recently. It's just perfect!

    I'm going to look for a copy to put in the Beast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you on the womengosolo forum - I don't think I've commented, but always follow the threads. I bought my rig last year at this time, and two months later, after being laid off, was on the road full-time. I have a 24 foot C Class motor home, I call it The Palms because it has palm trees on the dinette seat material and window valances, with no toad, so it's easier for me to get around. Your Beast is beautiful, it looks very comfortable. Having a toad will allow you to do more sightseeing, and more quick trips into town, which will be nice.

    I'm going to enjoy following you as you are getting ready, and then when you are on the road. It's not always easy, we've all had some challenges, but it's always fun. I think I've been bored once in ten months.

    Have fun! :)

    PS - I just saw you have word verification enabled. You might think about taking it off your blog, it's going to reduce the amount of comments you get. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stumbled upon your blog and think I am really going to enjoy following you! Love the poem and it is perfect for th rv . Going to make a copy and hang it in there. We call our rv the IHome, as we have two Mac computers, two iPhones, and one iPad (soon to be two)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - I love the name iHome. Is it an iTasca? (hehehehe)

      Delete
  5. Stumbled upon your blog and think I am really going to enjoy following you! Love the poem and it is perfect for th rv . Going to make a copy and hang it in there. We call our rv the IHome, as we have two Mac computers, two iPhones, and one iPad (soon to be two)

    ReplyDelete