Scooter racing

Scooter racing
After parking for the night, we'll still have time for a little racing

Friday 18 August 2017

Requiem For The Beast

Several issues arose this year, during my travels with the Beast.  The passenger window is so fogged up that I can barely see the mirror:  cost to fix it is $1000.  There are 3 other windows that are also fogged – and also would cost $1000 each to fix.  Then we discovered that the seal around the dining table window was leaking – I should say that Woodchuck discovered this when her butt got all wet during a game of dominoes.  On the plus side, her butt soakage dried up the cushion. Then there was the  Kankakee Spark Plug Incident of ’17.  And finally, many parks are getting kinda snooty when it comes to what they will let into their little oases, and units have to be no more than 10 years old.  The Beast is going to be 19 and it’s showing its age – particularly since 2 panels got crunched when I hit a tree.

Over the past couple of years, I’ve put a lot of money into repairs and replacing worn out things.  After awhile, it started to add up.  And with a 19 year old vehicle, it was going to add up pretty fast.


The end result is that I decided to retire Beast 1 and move onto Beast 2.  I’m going to miss the old guy – loads of room,  a table big enough to play dominoes on, reliable (except for spark plugs), and just altogether a “me” kind of RV.   But it was time to move on and so now, meet Beast #2.  I’ll be taking possession just before we leave for Yuma.  I love the layout and all those snooty parks will be happy that its not an old, bagged-out unit.  At least, until I hit a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment