Scooter racing

Scooter racing
After parking for the night, we'll still have time for a little racing

Wednesday 24 February 2016

Beady-Eyed and Cutting Up

Let’s say that you’re an older person with bad eyesight, a bad back, stiff fingers, no artistic talent, absolutely no patience and you’ve never worn jewelry in your life.  Now let’s say you want to pick a fun activity to while away the hours.  What would you choose?

That’s right!  BEADING!!!

That’s what took us to Jan’s Bead shop on a very hot Friday afternoon.  In just 3 short, back-breaking hours we emerged with bracelets that didn’t look half bad.  The best part was the magnetic clip which, I swear, could stop a semi in its tracks.

It was so remarkably easy to do that we tried again a week later, with a more difficult pattern.  Carm and Jackie caught on right away.  After considerable swearing and mounting blood pressure, I concluded that my talents lay elsewhere.  And wherever they’re laying, they must be buried pretty deep because I can’t find them.

On the plus side, RRR loves jewelry so we took my bracelet, she spent 3 hours extending it and then Carm and Jackie took turns finishing it.  The end result is that she has a couple of cute little necklaces and matching earrings.



 Never one to be daunted, I decided to pick up a new hobby.  Diecutting.  After spending a fortune on a die cutter, some hummingbird dies and several cans of adult beverages, I produced 6 hummingbirds and a few flowers.  Since I hate anything resembling knick-knacks and I get homicidal at the sight of wind chimes, I’m not sure what I’m going to do with all these things.  Still, they’re pretty and sparkly and so what more could you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment