Scooter racing

Scooter racing
After parking for the night, we'll still have time for a little racing

Monday 17 October 2011

Day 2: Oct. 15/11 Do you hear a Banjo?

Took the Beast out for a drive on the weekend and went camping overnight.  It was COLD!!!  I didn't even have to turn on the fridge.... the pop was as cold as if it had been on ice!

I've decided that I can't turn corners.... so I'm going to point the Beast in an eastward direction, and when I get to the Atlantic, I'm going to sell it and buy another rig pointing west.  It's the only logical thing to do.

The campground I chose for my overnight stay boasted all new facilities including 2 hot tubs.  It failed to mention that there hasn't been any water in those hot tubs for 2 years.

I should have known this wasn't a 5-star resort when I pulled in and was directed to the on-site manager's trailer.  This guy was straight out of a movie about insane trailer trash types.  His trailer was FILTHY (see Hoarders), he hadn't had a bath in a long, long time (once a decade - this isn't the decade) and I don't think he ever knew the meaning of the word toothbrush! 

He also laughed insanely at everything I said!  Me:  I'd like a pull-through lot, please.  CTP (Crazy Trailer Person):  You want a lot?  Hahahahahahahaha!  Me:  Yes, for one night.  CTP:  One night? Hahahahahahaha!


By that point, I was edging closer to the door.

Anyhow, the park was spooky!  It was full - very few empty lots - but no one was walking around or talking to anyone.  One person was out walking her dog (might have been a rat) but scuttled away behind her trailer the minute I drew near.  Another one was on the roof of his RV, cutting tree branches and glared at me as I drove past.  It was like being on the set of Deliverance, without the canoes.

But the weather was beautiful, the trees in full colour, an odour of smoke in the air and it was a glorious autumn day.  The night was cold but the furnace on the Beast works very well so I was toasty.

My next adventure may be a Walmart parking lot :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment