Scooter racing

Scooter racing
After parking for the night, we'll still have time for a little racing

Tuesday 4 September 2018

Potty Problems….. Slide Sorrows…. And Lots of Hair


I named my new Beast, Jeff – after the big, grey insatiable beast in Men in Black.  Turns out Jeff is also insatiable…. for money.

First of all, let me explain about the toilet system in the RV.  It’s STUPID.  When you flush, it makes a very loud, grinding sound for 90 seconds both inside and outside the RV.  Do you know how long 90 seconds can be when you’re trying to be discreet? The thing all but screams “Hey everyone, I’m going to the bathroom!” 

To really make sure that the system is as stupid and inefficient as possible, the geniuses who designed it put the pump right under the bed – so that you can’t flush at night without waking everyone up within 500 yards.   And then they put the only access directly under the bed with a little, tiny panel that might, if he hasn’t eaten a big lunch, fit a five-year old.  It turns out that there aren’t that many skinny, five-year old mechanics out there.  I have written to Fleetwood to tell them that they win the Award for Stupidity in Design.

So there I was, on day 2 with Jeff and the little light in the bathroom showed red all the time.  The brochure said it should have been green.  Since I had never seen or heard of a toilet system like this, I wasn’t all that concerned until it stopped flushing.

Now here’s an interesting thing:  no matter what time of year it is, or how many RV repair places you can find, no one will look at your rv for 3 months.  That seemed a little long to go without flushing.  Not to mention it was going to snow at some point.  Fortunately, the Cummins repair shop in Kansas City agreed to have a look – a fact I’m sure they regretted.

Then in St. Louis, my big slide-out wouldn’t slide in.  A mobile RV repair person told me I had sheared off a tiny little bolt which, apparently, holds up the entire weight of one side of the RV.  He replaced it, the slide came in and I was on my way to Kansas City with both toilet and slide repair now on the list.

They found a skinny mechanic who opened the panel and discovered – no doubt to his horror – that the entire pump assembly had exploded and the whole compartment was flooded with stuff…. and not nice stuff.  Lots of really smelly, ugly stuff that I will leave to your imagination. 

The repairs for the toilet and slide came to $3000.   I’m sure that $2000 of that was for pain and suffering.

Meanwhile, Woodchuck, Deadeye and I checked out a Hair Museum in Kansas City.  Back in Victorian times, the thing to do was make wreaths, jewelry and pictures out of the hair from dead people in your family. I have visions of all these corpses being laid to rest after they’d been shaved bald.  To be fair, some of the hair was taken from live persons too.  It was really quite an interesting thing to see and I came to the conclusion that Victorians had way too much time on their hands.  

We could have taken a course in how to do hair weaving but it was $2500 for 3 days and, besides, all of our brothers are bald so the wreaths wouldn’t have been complete.  Plus I have no artistic talent.

 Then we were off to Springfield and then Branson, Missouri.  I got Jeff back and was happy to learn that I could flush my toilet as often as I wanted, except at night.  My slide, on the other hand, was still causing problems.

               

3 comments:

  1. Hysterical post! Keep on writing. Ya made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I don't recognize your screen name. Do I know you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why are everyone looking for ways online to get help solving their pregnancy and infertility problems when most of every native American is talking online about the help of Dr Mandaker Alamun. I checked him out when my husband who could not get me pregnant for over 9 years of marriage as a result of low sperm count became fertile and now, I am 5 months pregnant and it is this man known as Dr Mandaker who helped my husband solve his problem. My name is Alecia Maldonado from CA USA. I would advise anyone and everyone who needs the help of any spell caster in love marriage,finance, job promotion,lottery spell,poker spell,golf spell,Law & Court case Spells,money spell,weigh loss spell,diabetic spell,hypertensive spell,high cholesterol spell,Trouble in marriage,Barrenness(need spiritual marriage separation),good Luck, Money Spells,he also heal HIV and AID and it's all he does or looking for breakthrough in your political career to meet this Dr Mandaker the link to his website copy this link (witch-doctor.page4.me)His email contact witchhealing@outlook.com for He is a Reliable and trustworthy. I and my husband have gone to different hospitals having the thinking that I was at fault for not getting pregnant. But at the Federal hospital, they examined him too and his sperm count was low and unable to get a woman pregnant as a result of male infertility. It was then I sort out,thanks to Dr Mandaker.

    ReplyDelete