Last year, we got back to Orillia on April 7th, only to have snow and freezing rain hit us the next day. It had been so cold that Jackie's water pipes were still frozen. So this year, we decided to delay our return by a week and guess what?!.....it fricken' snowed in Indiana and there's a winter advisory for Flint Michigan, our next stop. I always swore I would never see snow again after I retired. So much for that prediction. I managed to avoid having to drive in it (so far) but we did hit fairly heavy rain today between Indianapolis and Angola. On the plus side, it did clear a few bugs off the windshield.
All I can say is that the idea of sacrificing a virgin to the weather gods is looking like a pretty reasonable alternative right now.
Next year, I'm not coming back until June.