Scooter racing

Scooter racing
After parking for the night, we'll still have time for a little racing

Friday 21 August 2015

Chairs, Stairs and Bears

Well, it was bound to happen..... I was sitting by the fire, minding my own business, when I heard a twig snap in the bush behind me.  I turned around and found a bear sniffing around under my awning.  The good news is that there was a picnic table between me and the bear.  The bad news is that I had to run towards him if I wanted to get into the RV.  I started banging on the table and on a cast iron frying pan that we had used to cook dinner and yelling at him at the top of my lungs.  My sister was inside the RV and opened the door, and I got up those stairs in record time.  Maybe I should consider attaching a small grizzly to the back of a stair climber, as motivation for exercise.

Anyhow, that same night, the weather man finally got it right and we had rain for the second time this summer.  Naturally, I wasn't about to go out and retrieve the stuff that I'd left out there in my race to the stairs.  So, that is how all the chairs, the kindling and the thermacell got wet.  Sigh.....stupid bears.




No comments:

Post a Comment