Scooter racing

Scooter racing
After parking for the night, we'll still have time for a little racing

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Beast, Brakes and Bank Account

All I can say is....thank heavens I decided to work a bit longer for some pocket money.  The Beast's new tires cost me nearly $3,000!  The good news is that I won't need a brake job - my mechanic friend says that they're at 70%, which should see me down a couple of mountain passes.

The doghouse, which had a tendency to go flying whenever there was a breeze, is now clamped down tightly.  It's a wondrous thing to be flying along at a heart-racing 35 mph and have this huge chunk of your vehicle come flying up, leaving nothing behind but boiling hot engine heat and an unobstructed view of the pavement directly under your feet.  It's especially invigorating when this happens as you are trying to control your vehicle down narrow, winding roads on one of those "scenic" highways on a long weekend in September!  (Note to self:  scenic is the latin word for "don't drive your RV down that road).

I still don't have a working TV, my roof leaked during the winter (we think we know the reason) and I've got a few ants in the kitchen area (which I'll deal with this summer - stay tuned for Ant Apocalypse 2013).

Otherwise, I'm good to go..... only 15 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment